1927 Model 27 Grill Guard

Crazyfamily

Anyone know where I can order or who makes the nice chrome grill/Radiator Mesh Stone Guards for a 1927 Model 27?

i saw a few at Hershey a few weeks ago but none fit my model.

also, when I bought the car the Widow I purchased it from called me a few days later and told me there was a bunch of parts in her other garage and as far as she was concerned they were mine!  SCORE!

So when I went to pick up the parts I had to rummage through A LOT of parts to “try” to determine what looked like it was for the Buick and what didn’t!  I got a few things but one particular part had me a bit confused fused....

i found a black metal louviered pierce that looks like it overlays the outside of the radiator and possibly helps the car warm up in very cold days?

i can get a picture if needed but anyone know what exactly this parts is for?

Yes Sir correct..... I’m looking for a Bug Screen/Radiator Stone Guard.

i have a Pines Winterfront, I have newly discovered what that is as well!!

here is my winterfront....will get some proper attention and clean up now that I know what it is!

it came with a bunch of spares when I got the car!

F937E2A1-C89D-48FE-BE02-40E361E7BC15.jpeg

0F56C26F-F012-438D-AB46-1DB861892CF6.jpeg

• Like 2

I guess the only way to test to see if the liquid inside the unit is still there is to start the car (whenever that will be!???‍♂️) and hold it against the radiator and see if it work?

is there another way that I can bench test it’s function?   Heat gun?  Hair dryer?