where to buy 320 intake manifold check valve

B.Liesberg

I've found that I have a few induction leaks, I think the elbow shaped check valve right under the carb is part of the problem (sorry I don't know the correct term for it). Does anyone know where I can find a new or NOS one of these? Or is there a replacement part that works just as well?

I assumed the 320's were mostly the same. But it's a 39.

Here is the valve

801060810_20181028_1618071.thumb.jpg.e06b68c9a9ad340432d9e06e1cc81019.jpg

And it attaches where that little brass plug is

171302313_20181028_1617541.thumb.jpg.9807e27db54a3900c59a66e5564230ef.jpg

It's some sort of drain for gasoline or other liquids in the intake manifold. I assume it drains anything in there whenever the engine is shut down. I've just rebuilt the carb and replaced that valve with the brass plug seen in the second picture.

I am not aware of anyone reproducing them. I have never seen one that could not be cleaned up and reused without an issue. It should have a tube that attaches to it that drains any gas down below the exhaust system for safety.

I would soak the elbow in solvent to free up the checkvalve ball and after cleaning and drying it, simply reinstall it. I doubt it will cause a problem. There is not much about it that is likely to fail that a little bit of solvent won't fix.