A tip regarding seats and repairs.

DAVES89

If you can find a salvage yard that has your seats but are in poor condition ask if you can slice the seat backs out and can buy the head rests. The seat back is vinyl and can be used for the console lid and the head rest front is leather and can be used for repairs on the bolsters on your seats. Match is perfect and way cheaper then buying new leather from the upholstery shop.

A great story, thanks for sharing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2018 at 5:33 PM, DAVES89 said:

Just a tip regarding the seats and repairs. If you can find a salvage yard that has your seats but are in poor condition ask if you can slice the seat backs out and can buy the head rests. The seat back is vinyl and can be used for the console lid and the head rest front is leather and can be used for repairs on the bolsters on your seats. Match is perfect and way cheaper then buying new leather from the upholstery shop.

A great story, thanks for sharing.

great tips about the seat parts , my son has red interior in his 89 and I know where there Is one in a yard,i

.   now I just need tan door panels and lots of plastic interior pieces for mine

Edited by SteveT (see edit history)

I helped a guy with a tan interior Reatta years ago. The door panel I found was nicer then mine, but as his was worse then my existing panel I let him buy it. He never installed it, sold the car and left the forum. I will never make that mistake again. 

However I do have other tan interior parts. PM me with anything you need.

• Ronnie changed the title to A tip regarding seats and repairs.
On 9/27/2018 at 5:33 PM, DAVES89 said:

If you can find a salvage yard that has your seats but are in poor condition ask if you can slice the seat backs out and can buy the head rests. The seat back is vinyl and can be used for the console lid and the head rest front is leather and can be used for repairs on the bolsters on your seats.

That's a great tip Dave!