Deck bars 1927-54 help

Leif Holmberg

Leif:

Here is what I have from my friend Peters ORIGINAL 1927-54. I have more photos that I can email you directly because of file size limitations.

DSCF6031.thumb.JPG.40f003c4cc1fe5f962bd0f626ab11187.JPG

Oops! I thought I had a shot of the rub bars. Instead it is the Original Top and Original Boot.

Here is Pete's other 1927-54 showing the rub bars. A mostly original car with one repaint and one re-topping.

DSCF1504.thumb.JPG.28e68ca7023f4111acc87fe4bd19b034.JPG

Leif:

I will call my friend to get some measurements.

I believe that it should be cast iron gray. I used a high temp/fuel resistant cast Iron gray on the carb for my 1925. I do not believe any of the cast Iron parts on the carb was painted. I know lots of people paint them black. Mostly because it looks good with the brass bowl. The 1924, 6 cylinder car had the aluminum model R Marvel carb. 

50jetback,thanks for those  pictures.

Just wonder if you have them in a bigger size,now they are arond 30-40kb ,if possible to get them around 200-300kb that will cover the screen om my stationary computer?

leif.e.holmberg@gmail.com

Thanks  from Leif in Sweden.

Edited by Leif Holmberg (see edit history)

I had a telephonecall from the man i Finland today and he was very pleased with the pictures he got of the deck bars parts.

But now I`m wondering if anyone have a broken 1927-54  deck bar that can be used as a pattern for casting those deck bar parts?

The  man in Finland is not a god "computer man"! Therefor I ask the question just to help him.

Leif in Sweden.

• Like 2

No one who can  help with a broken or bent deck bar to use as a pattern ? The inside deck bar 1927-54  are the same as the inside 1928-54.

In that case there most be a very little differans between the outer 1927 and the outer 1928? (different parts number)

Leif in Sweden.