My grandparents roadster with my mother riding shotgun :)

BruceRoberts1966

Hi

I just found this old family photo. This passenger is my mother from about 1928 in my grandparents car. I truly have no experience with classic cars like this - but i would be very interested to know what this was. It would be an awesome connection to my past. I can see the clear S curve detail in the back - the full frame door. Is this a hard top, soft top, roadster? Any ideas on the make/model of this.

Thanks in advance if you see this and know what it is.

Bruce

2018-08-04 16.50.32.jpg

Not Pontiac...cowl wrong shape, cowl lamp wrong, moldings wrong and the never had a golf door.

Not 28 Buick...wrong door top shape, wrong cowl lamp and placement.

Not 27 Buick...wrong cowl lamp and placement

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, drwatson said:

I'll cast my vote for 1928 Buick Landau Coupe as pictured. auburnseeker, if you're referring to the horozontal "moldings", they might be painted on.778992253_1928BuickLandaucoupe.thumb.jpg.526bcce0b3c79ac6ec0b3722b063a24d.jpg

I presume this grey car is a Standard Model. You can see the difference between that and yellow Master above in the space between the gold bag door and the passenger door.

With many of these cars the position and shape of the cowl light is another clue.

3 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

I presume this grey car is a Standard Model. You can see the difference between that and yellow Master above in the space between the gold bag door and the passenger door.

The real give-away is the height of the golf bag door. Compare  the grey car and the yellow car I posted and the poster above.  The yellow and green cars have it high, a similar distance below the long stripe as the upper stripe is above that long stripe. So I agree, it is similar to the grey car model and not a Master. Or is it just that the size of the door varied by model - the higher door being bigger?

No, by series perhaps. This one purports to be a Master model 58. It has the smaller, lower golf bag door. Did they make a 58 that year?

image.png.ca2102426c97e852112df692ff6280f6.png

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)