DA Tail Lamp

Just getting some parts ready for plating and decided to include the tail lamp. In doing so, have come to realise that the license plate lamp lens is pretty ordinary (cracked). Can anyone advise if there are repo ones available for the DA? Another option may be to buy old stock, in that case, can anyone advise how to identify the correct one for the DA? I see a number available online, but not sure if they are correct, some listed as "truck".

Thanks, John

Is the DA light the same as DC (brass body with FILITE in the top)? I was after one and looked at the NOS offerings on eBay.. I think you can identify them by size (and curvature) but of course you will have to ask the vendor and some of them can't do measurements. I was sure I had one identified but eventually found a suitable glass in my parts pile.

I THINK the DA is same as DC, but don't know for sure. It is certainly brass and a FILITE.

Measuring straight across the gap in the body, the wide side is 3-1/8 inches, narrow is 2-7/8 inches.

My lens is some sort of plastic, cracked and distorted from heat. Why I have not realised its condition years ago and waited till now to look for a replacement is beyond me but not the first time I have been that silly! Probably thought I would make one but now realise that the raised section ads considerably to the rigidity of the body and a proper one would be better. I have a nice NOS red lens ready to go for the main lens.

DSC02385m.jpg

The parts list shows the DA and DC to be the same up to some number after mine so they are the same. The lens etc. are the same.

Ollies sell glass lenses. I have fitted a second tail light on my DC and bought a pair off them, with DODGE cast into the lens. I think there is a pair on ebay now.

I have seen that license plate lens on ebay too. $20 each for glass. You need the size projecting through the opening as well as the shoulder width to find them. I asked and they sent the straight across width as you measure plus the outside length (around the curve). In the end I didn't buy glass because I was adding a second light and wanted no light through it, so I used the plastic I had and painted it silver on the inside.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)

There was a smaller glass lens similar to the one I sent. If the one I sent is too big, I will send the other also. I am pretty certain the one I sent is correct.