1965 Riviera 401 Carb Question

65bruteforce

I don't believe the Demons will fit the manifold;  however, If I am wrong about that, the air cleaner will not fit, the fuel lines will need fabrication, the linkage will have to be fabricated, and you will probably need to fabricate a kickdown as well. The calibrations will be completely wrong, so complete recalibration of the Demons will be necessary.

And (opinion) even if you are a Demon guru, I doubt very seriously if you can make the Demons runs as well as the original Carters.

Plus, (also opinion) if you ever sell the car, you can deduct the cost of acquiring the correct Carters from your selling price, and the universe of potential buyers will probably be halved.

Jon.

If the origional Carters only need a rebuild then they are by far the best answer.  The Carters are not fancy nor do they have a spiffy name, but they are dependable, reliable and stock equipment.  Why would you think needing a rebuild would make the stock carbs garbage? I'm sorry, but I just do not understand that thinking.  Your car, your carbs and your decision. If you do replace the Carters, treat them kindly as someone will buy them to make a modified car stock again.

Send them to the Carbking and follow his instructions, when you are done you will have restored your car's power and performance for the next 20 years at lowest cost. It may not seem like it but any alternative will cost a lot of money and depreciate the value of the car.

• Like 1

If you are going to rebuild them get good carb kits but don't go by the instructions in the package. They are incomplete and filled with errors. Use the instructions from the factory, either the Buick factory repair manual or the carb manufacturer's instructions. Don't go getting ideas of your own. Do exactly as they say and your carbs will work perfect/

• Like 1

65bruteforce, you just received some really, really good advice here. Good luck with your project...but let me add my recommendation that you follow the excellent advice which has been offered to you. Cheers!