1924 Sport Tourer fuel tank.

Hey guys, 

I am looking for some photos that show the details about the fuel tank for my car.

The tank was toast, and i have just had a new one rolled up in stainless steel. Before i mount all the fittings i need to confirm a few details.

What i am after, in particular, are some detailed photos around the fuel filling point and gas cap (my cap is missing and i willl need to fabricate a new one?).

So, if any of you have any photos that you would'nt mind posting i would be very interested to see them.

Regards

David

Up to about 6 years ago Bob's Automobilia still carried them in aluminum. 1925 and earlier were nickel plated brass.  The ones I have for my cars are aluminum. Your sport touring would have the remote gas gage on the dash.

DSCF5840.thumb.JPG.7ade9016498011cceb6607668235e9bb.JPG   DSCF5836.thumb.JPG.ed64f84218c889a97bf03a3aa0a4c059.JPG

I spoke to him at the Buick National in Brookfield. He said once a supplier becomes unavailable for the early 1920s stuff they have not been looking for sources to replace them.

Larry, 

I have an aluminum gas cap on my 25 Standard, and you have the same on both your 25 Master and Standard.  According to the parts book this cap part number 170806 is 1924 4 and 6 cylinder. 1925-1926-1927-1928 6 cylinder.  The other cap groupings then are 1922-1923 4 cylinder, and then another cap for the 1922 -1923 6 cylinder.  Maybe those are the nickeled ones.

Hugh

Edited by Hubert_25-25 (see edit history)

David:

I agree. I think the repros that BOB'S was selling were around $20.00 in 2011. I ordered one at the time and they indicated that they were out of stock. My friend had a rough cap that since the steel inside was very rusty I had to make new interior tabs for. That is on my Standard now. I bought a spare 1927 Standard fuel tank just to get the complete fuel gage (when I had the tank cleaned and sealed it was like a Swiss cheese) it also had an aluminum cap that the top was badly dented.