1925 master roadster Original upholstery material

sligermachine

According to the Master Parts Book the 1925 models 54 and 55 are trimmed in Green Walrus Grain leather. The dashboard and door check strap. The seats are a sage green leather. The door panels and pockets are also noted as sage green. The model 44 roadster would be trimmed in black leather with painted dash. The door check straps for the other open models 24,25, 44, 45, and 49 are to be black harness leather.

23-12.thumb.jpg.9e44b02beb5c97d22e64e1fcc1c5cb60.jpg180940_Interior_Web.jpg.d319947e8d6e7cebad3feffe76f81a21.jpg

The photo of the 1925-55 in the recent Old Cars article shows a wood veneer dash it is to be the green Walrus grain leather.

3538570.jpg.f5e08b34fd9a4c97d9fc6c0aa06000b6.jpg

Edited by dibarlaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Guest Dave_Ebert_Sr

G'Day: the pictures of the maroon car is a 23-54 or 23-54. and the leather is red Spanish grain with  embossed pattern. this was used on 22-54 & 55 and 23- -39, 23-54, & 23-55. I don't think  embossed leather was used after that.

Dave Ebert, Sr

Battle ground WA.

BCA#41359

23-39 4 cyl. Sport Roadster

under the steel plate on the door was black leather strap just 1/4 `` long I looked at it for a minute red leather that shuld be ez but 

9 hours ago, Dave_Ebert_Sr said:

Spanish grain with  embossed pattern.

does anybody have a lead on that ?  I would like it to look as 100% as possible without going to extremes  i'm glad I have the soft top and its still has fabric on it but I did not look at that close I was gust trying to put stuff up out of the way while we were moving the cars it was raining- kyle 

6 hours ago, sligermachine said:

of my 25-44 ?  kyle 

I meant a picture of the leather you are looking for.  Embossed patterns are usually not available over the counter, so to speak.  There are companies that will make runs of leather, usually a minimum of 10 hides, which is much more than one car needs.

• Like 1

Door pockets look like this. I have the size for the front pocket but I believe the roadster door would be a bit longer than my touring

.DSCF5665.thumb.JPG.30bed59c59b7c4cfc44a22a9b62ead2d.JPGPhoto of my 1925-45 showing pocket and interior handle.

Below is a photo of Leif Holmberg's 1925-25 standard touring front door showing location of pockets. Door panels on these cars were not done in leather they used a "leatherette" fabric. Similar to our vinyl of today. I have some detail photos of how I made the pocket flaps including the steel plate that is inside the pocket to weigh down the flap. Notice the difference on the interior handle between the master and the standard5a300c6e31cf3_PICT001920-20Kopia.thumb.JPG.6eee366b09b1e87bf4071667f657de01.JPG

• Like 1

Kyle mentioned about the check strap which should be black harness leather. You can see in my previous post on both my car and Leif's after a while the black dye finish is gone. The leather looks red. After the photo of mine I re-dyed the strap and made 2 more straps that were broken. I used an old black belt that was the correct width and thickness

• Like 1

Thank U all for the advice Black is ezer to get then I hope ? I have  some springs 4 of and 2 seats that look like bucket seats  that came with the cars but I have not set them in the car to see if they fit the size of the car yet I have been working at the shop late to keep up with out my son to help me but all I want  to do is work on my car  the man I bought it from said he would like to get a ride in it when I finish it and he don't have a lot of time if I take to long I may get involved in a big machine build and that would side track me I have never tipped so much i'm starting to get faster The woodwork shure is fun and with this spell check it even loos like i can spell good that is also so cool -kyle

18 hours ago, trimacar said:

There are companies that will make runs of leather,