1971 Buick LeSabre convertible

JSElectra225

I am selling a 1971 Buick LeSabre convertible that needs restored. 350-4bbl. I bought a pair of convertibles and don't have time for this one. It is a project but the frame is good and I did get it to start, haven't had time to get it running. It will need floors of course typical convertible project. It has a clean clear title in my name. $1800 

IMG_20171119_130921.jpg

IMG_20171119_104314.jpg

IMG_20171122_145505.jpg

IMG_20171122_145452.jpg

IMG_20171122_080136.jpg

IMG_20171119_130950.jpg

IMG_20171119_130912.jpg

IMG_20171119_130818.jpg

IMG_20171119_104347.jpg

IMG_20171119_131009.jpg

IMG_20171119_104607.jpg

IMG_20171119_104614.jpg

IMG_20171119_130944.jpg

IMG_20171119_104336.jpg

IMG_20171119_104322.jpg

Location? I see a Nebraska license plate. Very rare car, well worth saving. 1,856 made. Want to take a guess as to how many are shown in the current BCA membership roster?  Goose eggs! Zero! None!

But I do recall seeing a blue one at the BCA national meet in Wisconsin this year--probably the only one known in the BCA. Rare, rare, rare. Someone needs to save this one. Red with a white top, white interior, black carpet--would be a stunner all restored, or just clean it up, put a top on it, weld a reinforcement plate over that rear frame, and drive it like it is. Probably never see another one like it, ever.

Pete Phillips

Leonard, Texas

Edited by Pete Phillips
correction (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

Very rare car, well worth saving. 1,856 made. Want to take a guess as to how many are shown in the current BCA membership roster?

Goose eggs! Zero! None!

Well said, Pete!  There are plenty of 1973 Centurion convertibles,

and so many nice 1975 LeSabre convertibles that you can pick your color.

This is a classic case of how some models go under the radar

and get overlooked, until there are hardly any left.  Thank you, JS Electra,

for bringing it to our attention.

Let's not let this one be overlooked any longer!

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 1

an echo - Welcome to the FORUM, and great that you are saving the Buick,

Wish I had known how rare the car and color combination were-

We had a 1971 Le Sabre red convertible with white interior back in 1981-1986. It was a great driver and a very sharp looking dreamboat with the 350ci engine and all of the power options. I didn't really care for the unusual way the top frame folded as it would occasionally bind, but could easily be placed back in proper alignment. There was a minor rust spot on the lower rear edge of the right front fender, and another on the passenger door, but driving this land yacht alongside the mighty Mississippi River on River Road on Christmas Eve with the five of us Me, my wife, son, daughter, and our Dalmatian all in the front seat, top down and A/C blowing cold, to watch the Christmas Bonfires on the levees between Lutcher and Donaldsonville - with a cup of Cocoa at Chef John Folse's restaurant at the Sunshine Bridge - great memories.

We sold the Le Sabre because the '66 Mustang GT convertible with A-Code engine, Top-Loader 4-speed transmission, and Pony interior was supposedly nearing completion. The Mu-sting never did get finished and was sold to a friend and club member for a significant loss (the 2 happiest days with the Mustang were the day of purchase and the day of sale). Our '71 Le Sabre was sold to a local lawyer who had it painted dark blue, likely let his family abuse it, and three (3) years later tried to sue me because it developed a transmission leak, despite the fact that he had wheedled it from me at a steal of a price. Fortunately my Bill-of-Sale specified that his purchase was "AS-IS, WHERE-IS, WITH NO WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED". He also contended that his signature on that didn't really matter, and that he knew all the judges, but he ultimately backed off because I still had the signed and notarized copy.

Hindsight, as they say, is 20-20, and it would be a significant car to have as a "Driver" today. Our former 1970 Cadillac low-mileage triple-black convertible was significant in its own way, and in better condition, but the Buick had its own personality, and was always a fun cruiser.

Edited by Marty Roth
spelling/typographical error (see edit history)