What is This Linkage Added to My Engine

DB26

Hello everyone. I'm trying to figure out what the purpose of the linkage added to my Dodge's engine is for. This is it, attached to the cylinder head on the left.

IMG_1319.JPG.32fe101525b584d28f5a85f2ae3

A throttle linkage is attached to it but it doesn't do anything. (The unhooked choke cable has since been hooked up) 

A fuel pressure regulator?  I'm not sure why it would have a linkage to it though.  From what I've read, many electric pumps put out too much pressure for the needle valve on carb (causing flooding) and so a regulator might be used to reduce pressure.

It possibly once had a spring attached to help hold the throttle closed on tick over.

I don’t really buy the pressure regulator suggestion.  I have a temporary electric pump.  Low pressure SU pumps are still available (for £100) although it looks like a high pressure one with a regulator may currently be fitted.

Ray.

Edited by R.White (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Wheelmang said:

Just an unrelated observation. Your picture looks like the starter cable is rubbing on the steering box. May want to shorten or re-position before a short out. 

Thanks I will adjust that. 

On the topic of the bracket and linkage. I'm going to remove it. The rod going to it is supposed to connect to the hand throttle that goes up the steering shaft. But I don't have that. I guess they tried to work around that.