Car in the movie - Dreamland

Peter Gariepy

17 hours ago, Dave Henderson said:

The pointed peak at the top of the radiator shell is a distinctive Marmon feature.  It's a Marmon Roosevelt.  I've seen only one, and remember that the button in the center of the steering wheel had to be pulled to engage the starter. 

Yes, definitely a Marmon, but not a Roosevelt - the radiator is wrong. The head light mounts  are odd though - every other Marmon, except the big V16, has a headlight bar. It is certainly one of the smaller Marmons from that era but which one?

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:52 AM, Dave Henderson said:

Yes, agree.  i stand corrected.  The "Standard Catalog"  shows the Roosevelt as Marmon's low price offering, ($995 for an 8!) without any open body style in the lineup.   .   

Interesting looking in The Standard Catalog that even though the Roosevelt was dropped Marmon listed a Model 70 with the same power and wheelbase as the Roosevelt for '31 and '32. Maybe to sell off remaining stock?

While researching it I found this article about a convertible coupe in NZ. Probably not a lot of them in right hand drive. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/motoring/news/article.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=11243578