25 Buick fitting

carmover

The V  fitting on my 25 Buick that supplies the oil gage and oil to the rockers is stripped out and broken off at the block. I did a repair with  JB Weld years ago and would like to do a proper repair while the engine is out. Is there any place that

reproduces the fitting? I haven't had any luck finding any  thing at hardware and auto parts stores that have 2 two different size  ports.

Ron,  

I don't have the big book with me, but maybe someone call tell what years use this Y fitting and perhaps you can find a replacement.  I think I breifly tried to remove it from the block but mine seemed like it wanted to be left alone.  Hugh

59ec30e946a4b_2017-04-2120_47_39.thumb.jpg.0ca9ae5c6f3f03e1594e29003089a2e2.jpg

• Like 1

Ron, 

Your part number is 184914.  Attached is a snip from the 25 Master parts book.  They assigned a different number for the Master, and even between the models, created a pipe 1" different in length and gave it a different part number.  My guess is that it will fit.    Hugh

Oil pressure pipe.JPG

Ron:

That is what mine looks like for my 25-25. There will always be a bit of variation. The Master is probably longer. I can't compare since the standard engine is in NY at this time. (See my post starting up the "1925 Saga continues".) I had to re-solder the brass tubing to the fitting at the back of the block. Then make a new gasket. It took a bit of work to get that tube to connect into the Y fitting with out stripping the threads. The tough item is the correct style of the compression fitting if a new tube is needed. If the old compression fitting is in good shape it will probably seal well. There fittings cannot be removed from the tubing as it cuts a groove into the tube when it is first tightened. Note in my posts about the 3/16" tubing from the head to the rocker shaft. Part #172929. Shown in Hugh's parts book photo without the 2 compression fittings Part #152121.

I got the brass oil line from jim yesterday and today I test fitted the new upper casting to the original crankcase and test installed the v fitting and then hooked it to the v fitting first and it is about 1" too long.I was able to make some suttel bends in just the right places

taking my time to not damage anything and in about 1 hour I had it perfectly installed.I removed it and the test fitted it and it installs perfecty with no damage to the v fitting or the line. The brass line will be a little higher before it goes behind the block but it is not very noticeable.

Edited by carmover (see edit history)
  • Like 2