Fordomatic Dealership Display "VALUE"

Rooney3100

I Have a chance to buy for my collection a Pretty cool OLD Fordomatic Drive Dealership Display From the early 50's and I was wondering what the Ford People on here think it's worth and if anyone has ever seen this before.

At this point I don't know if it works or lights up, I still have to check that out, it was found in an old 30's ford dealerships attic....it's in pretty good condition, has some wear on a few of the cardboard pictures, the wiring looks to be good shape also, any help on this would be appreciated...THANKS  STEVE M

IMG_20171014_161120668.jpg

IMG_20171014_161210429.jpg

IMG_20171014_161301742.jpg

There seems to be a price tag on it now as I suspect it's for sale in an antique store.  Are you looking to make an offer to the seller?  A 15% discount off the marked price might motivate the seller to take your offer, more discount than that gets tougher to negotiate.

Terry

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)

That's pretty cool. I'll trade you a spare Ford-o-matic I have for the sign if you get it (-;

Value is tough. In this case I'd say probably less than whatever the price tag is. It's not quite a timeless marketing piece and wouldn't really good great in another other than a garage or shop IMO. It lacks the wife approveable home appeal. I think it's a 1953 ad, last year for the flathead! Either way, not quite a shoebox and not quite the better styled cars of the later 50's. To someone who has a similar car (myself with a '54) who has money (someone else), it'd probably go for a few hundred. I mean... where are you getting another? Really it's worth whatever you want to buy it for, probably not attainable at a "flip" price from such a venue.

Do YOU like it that much?  That's the big question.  That price is not extravagant in today's market. If I had the car I probably would pay it.  Offer $350 and see what happens.  There have been times I thought I spent too much for this kind of stuff but the enjoyment it gave me was well worth it.  The nice thing about it is it will always have some residual value even when you are done with owning it.

• Like 2

Pretty neat piece.  If you like it,  buy it.  I have spent more than that for stuff that I have packed away in boxes now and haven't looked at in years.  If it gets you excited and makes you smile,  thats all that matters.  If you think you are buying it low to sell it for a higher price,  you might find it may be a tougher sell, mainly because of the year range of car.   As mentioned,  Later 50's seem to be much more desirable and with Tbird even better.  All the 52-54 I have ever sold never really did well. 

If you are still thinking you would like it after all our bantering,  I still say buy it.  If not and you are having second thoughts, move on.   Lots of neat stuff out there for that kind of money. 

Dittos to all replies - and yes indeed-if you like it buy it.  I can already sense you'll be disappointed if you get back there and it's already sold.  Bet you could get your money back easily at Hershey next year if you need to.  Looks to be in great condition.

Terry

I decided not to buy the ford display....the display was just to big for my area in my garage collection, I really did want it thou kinda unique, so I will share where it's at if any one would like it, it did light up and work, it does need some adjusting where the shifter is, it's also missing a small piece of trim which could be duplicated, I even got the guy down to $350.00 out the door....

Here is the address and phone number:

Antiques mall of Alpena Michigan

207 N second ave

Phone 989-354-6036

John Henry

It measures 48 wide by 50 inches in height....not very deep, I don't have that measurement...I hope someone can use it, there may not be to may out there...STEVE M

Edited by Rooney3100 (see edit history)
  • Like 1