1927 Buick group

dibarlaw

Does any one know if the Yahoo 1927 group is still active? I had an inquiry from the BCA office from a member. I tried to search and all I get are ads from craigslist and such. Several years ago I had tried to maintain a connection to it but it would never remember my log in info so I could access and participate. This was the same with the Brass Buicks site. It would let me read the posts but not ask questions. Just seemed too much of a hassle to communicate. For me the Buick Club forums work much better.

Larry

• Like 1

Larry,

I tried to get on the 1927 Buick Yahoo site at one time as a member,  and was rejected.  When I submitted a second time, I was accepted.  There is not a lot of activity on the site.   You can get to the site with a search of "1927 Buick Yahoo".    They show postings per month, and it is only a couple.  I prefer using this Buick Prewar site.

Hugh

Larry,

i had the same experience as Hugh. I was rejected by the group the first time and accepted the second. I suspect it's a time issue, in that the Moderators only have a certain time to approve you or Yahoo automatically rejects the application. Given this isn't a high traffic site.......well you know.

I think the advantage with the 1927 site is the advice is more tailored rather than trying to cover the larger range of prewar Buicks but as Hugh says it does mean at times there is very litttle activity. The smaller audience also means you miss out on some alternate opinions and options that a diverse group like this forum brings. That may be why you some times see the same questions posted in both locations.

I used to go on there a lot, but then the website was "updated" and changed, and I found it a lot harder to find and follow threads and information. 

Part of that is just me having trouble adjusting to the new layout, but I got frustrated and stopped going there.  

Then I found this site, and never looked back, even though the pre war cars discussed here are mostly newer than the vintage I most like and own (IE, 1927).

• 1 year later...

I just acquired a 1927 Buick Brougham Model 51 from an American friend here in Metro Manila, Philippines. I want to restore this car to original so I ordered three (3) books from Faxon Auto Literature to guide me in restoring the car. I will be needing some missing parts like an outside and inside door handle and other parts after I have dismantled the doors. Can anyone help me find sources of parts for my 27 Buick.This is my first attempt to restore pre-war (WWW2) car. My finished projects include 65 Mustang coupe, 69 Toyota Landcruiser BJ40, Land Rover Defender 90, and 2 classic mini coopers. Thanks.

Wilfredo,

Welcome,   At the top of the Buick Pre war forum is a link to some vendors that will help you.  I would suggest that you create a new topic introducing yourself and include a picture of your car.  The more pictures the better.  There is a lot of knowledge here and we can help you.   Hugh

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/272878-pre-war-links/

• 2 weeks later...