Missing Serial number on early car

I have an early car, believed to be a model 70 sedan (20 inch wooden wheels) that is missing the serial number. There is an indentation on the left of the dash where I believe it would have been, Is it found anywhere else?  Thanks!

Hi Leif,

I bought an early Chrysler tourer body from Australia, to put onto my G70 chassis. The body was originally built in Ontario Canada and there is no Fedco serial plate on the dashboard, not even evidence of a depression or anything to show it has been removed. It does however have a Chrysler Canada serial number tag on the front of the firewall on the motor side.

I also have a book "American car spotters guide 1920-1938" by Tad Burness and on page 54 it says Chrysler adopted the Fedco serial numbers during 1925 for the 1926 season and continued to use them until early 1930. 

I too would welcome any information as to the date when the Fedco numbering was first used. I'm assuming that the early G70's might well have come without the Fedco numbering.

The G70 was built with 20inch 6 lug wheels up until sept 1926 and it then was facelifted and became the Finer 70.

Any input from others would be appreciated

Regards

Viv.

My serial number lists show FedCo numbers starting in 1925. Phased out in the 1929-31 period, seems a little different time for each make produced by Chrysler. I haven't found any references for 1924 Chrysler serial numbers.

Thanks! I looked at the frame in the back and even tried scraping the old paint but haven't found anything. Could you possibly post a picture? Maybe I'm not looking in the correct area. 

I do not have a photo of a frame to post here, but it would be on the driver's side at the very rear of the frame where the rear part of the springs mount to the frame. It will be on the outside of the frame or on the top. The digits are usually VERY lightly stamped, so you will have to get down to near bare metal to see them. It will probably look a lot like this one which is not Chrysler, but just for an example....

frame serial number.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)