Odd looking roadster pickup...maybe European?

lump

Hello again, gang. While searching through photos from our swap meet events for another thread, I came upon this one of an unidentified roadster pickup. It was on the back of a truck when I took the photo, before anyone might have put up a window card with info on the card. As often happens during a show, I'll see something really cool as I'm whizzing by on my way to deal with some issue or another, and plan to come back later to check it out. Then I get busier and busier, and quite often forget it until it's too late. So, help me with this one if you can. 

I should state for the record that I know NOTHING about this small vehicle. It might be European, it might be custom made from other vehicles, it might be Asian...I just don't know. 

Any ideas? 

200109_02_08_crop.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

About that period Morris used about a 250+ cubic inch 6 cylinder Saurer diesel engine, with as strong aluminium alloy main engine casting, with a cast iron head.  The injectors were unusual in that instead of spray holes in the tip, the end cap lifted for a ring spray of fuel.  The exhaust could be smokey, but you would fix that now with 5 to 7 % of LPG in the intake air to catalise the complete burning of the diesel , and almost complete utilisation of the energy in the fuel.  This gives more power and better economy, with very little in the way of toxic product of incomplete combustion.  I never got to use one as I once planned, and there are a couple of engines and gearboxes here, and no owner has been interested enough to look.  They fitted a much larger Morris Commercial than those little shopping trolleys.