What's in Your Trunk?

No, this isn't a Capital One commercial. I am starting to do more driving with my 1940 and have been putting some items in the trunk to possibly help get me home if problems arise. For example, currently I have a susbet of my tools plus a battery charger with a long extension. What do you all carry with you? Any particular spare parts or tools, or fluids?

Cheers, Dave

• Like 1

Dave:

I will be doing inventory this week in preparation for the trip to Brookfield. Deleting the (before the cooling system clean out) extra 2 gallons of coolant I carried. I will only have 1 gallon.  In addition to what Matt just posted I know I have a fire extinguisher, complete distributor, coil, fuel pump, carb, spare belt. I also carry a 5 gallon gas can in case there is a non ethanol fuel available. I have to record mileage between fills since my gage just bounces around 1/4 tank. Another good reason to carry some spare fuel.

Larry

• Like 1

I carry a fire extinguisher, jump starter/air pump, scissor jack, short 2X6 board for the jack, tool kit with hose clamps, short fuel line & fuel filter, 1 gal. water jug, a quart of oil, two folding chairs, & a sun umbrella.

Carrying gasoline in your trunk is not recommended.

• Like 1