King Ranch Buick

dons56

Well, let's see. 

1. A .410 shotgun for close wing shooting.

2. A 12 gauge shotgun for distance wing shooting

Two .22 rifles for shooting prairie dogs:

3. one loaded with .22 Long Range cartridges for less than 100 yards

4. one loaded with .22 Magnum cartridges for more than 100 yards

5. A .30.06 rifle for shooting deer and antelope as they play

6. A CZ-550 rifle with .600 Overkill cartridges, for that stray elephant that wanders in your path

It appears in the artist misconception of the Buick that the passenger is holding yet another gun, either Number 7 or one removed from the case.  Either way, I believe the gun he's holding is for shooting the breeze.....

I'm not a gun guy, this list from memories of hunting with my brother (minus the elephant gun!) and a little Internet searching.  I'm going to ask him for HIS list and see what he says, he's done a lot of hunting out west....

• Like 2

I guess i have not been paying enough attention to my Bugles.  I need to go back and see what else I have missed.  I tell you, I am so glad I asked.  I have learned so much in so few words.  I was unaware that there was in indigenous population of elephants in Texas, nor did I realize that you need a rifle to shoot the breeze...  Oh, and I sure am glad that David Coco is not a gun guy.  If he had been my brain might have exploded... LOL

• Like 2

I talked to my brother, the gun enthusiast.  He's a real hunter, he's the kind of guy that spends two months in the woods BEFORE the deer season opens, so on opening day he knows where the bucks are.....wish I knew where the bucks are, I cry looking at my bank account, but that's another story....

I described the car to him, and after we got over the "you've got to be kidding me" phase, and in reality he didn't say kidding, he made reference to a certain excrement in fact, he made a keen observation. 

Why six rifle scabbards?  Well, simple, it's a true Western six-shooter!  A six gun!  No true cowboy would be without one of those......

• Like 4

7 hours ago, trimacar said:

It appears in the artist misconception of the Buick that the passenger is holding yet another gun, either Number 7 or one removed from the case.  Either way, I believe the gun he's holding is for shooting the breeze.....

I think it is for raccoons, but Popular Science didn't want to become unpopular in some circles.

Just this morning I was telling my Wife that I only shot a gun once in my life. But, in the Navy I ran the 3,000# air compressor that pushed the firing pin on one of these.

770.jpg.cd3e7b1887af74ff8afe65b071dec172.jpg

"I don't always shoot guns, but when I do, it's a full salvo of 3 inch projectiles. Duck, my Friend."

Bernie

• Like 1