How do I price and sell a 1923 Maxwell To ?

Guest Vanight

The Dodge might be a valid comparison and parts are certainly more readily available but would you not expect a touring car to be more valuable than a coupe or sedan of same vintage (condition being equal)?  I would also think the mostly unmolested state of this car would give it a leg up too.  Anything on those top iron measurements?  Please let us know when you get in onto Ebay.  I'd be interested in watching how it does.

Guest Vanight
6 minutes ago, MikeC5 said:

The Dodge might be a valid comparison and parts are certainly more readily available but would you not expect a touring car to be more valuable than a coupe or sedan of same vintage (condition being equal)?  I would also think the mostly unmolested state of this car would give it a leg up too.  Anything on those top iron measurements?  Please let us know when you get in onto Ebay.  I'd be interested in watching how it does.

Mike,  must be missing something. I have looked and looked and I cant find the diagram you referred to. Would it be possible for you to repost as a reply to this? So answer is no, but shoot over or copy and paste or whatever, and I will shoot it over to Dad. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Guest Vanight

Hey guys, sorry I havent been on for a while. I finally got the Olds running, sorta. Had a guy come look at the Maxwell but no buy. He was looking for one to totally rebuild. My was too nice = too expensive. He did point out that mine has the original wooden floors still completely in tact. I hadnt even thought to check that. If anyone is still interested, it is still for sale. I am thinking about lowering the price to $7000 on that dutch website, what do you guys think? Am I selling myself short or is that a more realistic price?

Thanks, and Happy Independence day in advance!

David

Guest Vanight

Hey Mike, so sorry for not telling you I had posted these! Doh, I thought you would get a notification, but I was being stupid. I am not sure if I got the right measurements, and I can certainly take another shot at it. https://goo.gl/photos/Mx8BW6oLuKiVHqtb8  scroll to bottom of pictures, their the last few.

David :

I think that you are in the ballpark with the lowered price. The 1925 Buick Master 6 touring I bought last October sat for only 5 years before the family tried to get it running again.  Poor fix up restoration from the 1970s.   Still needs a good bit to get it reliable. My friend who helped us get it running in 2012 for the family offered $7,500 then. They turned it down expecting over $15,000. They had some offers from others over the next 4 years. I really was not looking for another project but when they called to see if I were interested I made an offer. Based on what I knew had to be done and then factoring for some unknowns I offered $5,500. They called my bluff! It is at least allowing me to tool around town while I keep sorting things out.

DSCF5632.thumb.JPG.52fb1f17c90599fce75dfd633752b47d.JPG

Photo of the day we brought it home. Photo below is 2 days later after some clean up and adjustment.

594ac034afd79_14914824_1108406922540908_1016340747_n1.jpg.54d9b5bb9e0a442189c869c3614cc5d1.jpg

Best of luck with the sale.

Larry

well Dibar, I'ld much rather have a Buick over a Maxwell- I own both.

so truthfully, your price should show what the Maxwell is truly worth.

start back at the beginning of this thread..............................................................

and the longer a car stays on the mkt, often the lower the price goes.

nothing wrong with the title- was his Grandpas.................

That can still pose some hoops. As stated, varies by the state. Here in Pa it would go to the surviving spouse or to the estate. If it's in the estate, then you'd need signatures of each person how has claim to the estate to release it. You'd need an original certificate of death. All this has to be in front of a notary. IMO it's in your best interest to have this all sorted out. For some families it's an easy process, for others, you have a crazy uncle who thinks it's worth $50,000 and he won't let it go without his share. I got my '54 without the title and was in no rush, but it took 8 months to get all parties together. I bought it for a price I was okay treating it like a parts car, and am glad it didn't go that way, but it could have, and any buyer would be wise to consider it parts until a clear path to getting the title is established.

I saw you still have this one listed on the pre war site at $8500. Don't forget to lower the price at all your listings, unless you think there is more money in one market over another. I for one really like the car you have, I hope to see it in project status soon with a new caring owner.

Guest Vanight

Understood, thanks for reminding me about changing the price. There is another restored 1925 Maxwell To. a guy from australia has for sale for like $18,000.00 !!! Then again, its is still for sale. Dealing with major dental pain, and getting runnaround from dentist. In short, I am distracted.