'38 Brake problems

Guest searle1965@gmail.com

I dont know if I can describe my problem well enough for anyone to help but here goes.

Replaced my master cyl. fall. Noticed fluid leaking again but it's coming from some gizmo above the master cyl. Whatever the thing is, the brake line runs to it and it's connected to the clutch pedal. Stepping on the brake causes fluid to leak out of this thing. I don't see anything like it available in the catalog, which makes me nervous. 

What is this that I'm dealing with and how do I repair or replace it?

Tyler

Tyler:  Here are a few photos of my master cylinder.  There is no connection from the clutch pedal to the brake components.  I've sent a couple different angles.  The only "thing" on top of the master cylinder is the cap itself.  Hope these help!

DSC_0665.thumb.JPG.dd04dae6446654b56244aeb5da620b1c.JPG

DSC_0667.thumb.JPG.b1b87548319558c9ec172bff4505b912.JPG

DSC_0670.thumb.JPG.97740cd3a8d9c2aa56ad5ee145acb2e1.JPG

My first thought is the brake light switch but that has no connection to the clutch.

What is the chance there was some aftermarket device that would best be described as "hill hold" I know some pre-war cars had this type of device as standard,

You need to take a photo and post it.

Whatever it is, it's not in any of the pictures above. I will try to get a picture of it and post it this p.m.

I thank you all for the replies thus far.

Tyler

Barney, I think you nailed it. It's some type of after-market hill-holder or whatever. It's getting taken out.

Gary, thanks for the excellent photos. You guys are great. One to the next issue.

Tyler

Nothing in the '38 Manual about No Rol being an option/accessory. There is a description and a couple of diagrams of it in the '39 Manual.  Here are scans of the 2 pages from the '39 Manual that might help if you decide to try to repair it.

Good luck, John V.

CCF04212017_00000.thumb.jpg.d186359423039111dfb1ba8cccbd780a.jpgCCF04212017_00001.thumb.jpg.b7f2fa51e7400961eb4cd74df7adbb95.jpg.