1952 Hudson Hornet Pick Up in Hogeye, Arkansas

Most of you are going to laugh at me for listing this Craigslist wonder. It's possible that it's not the mess that it looks like at first glance. Step down Hudson pickups were something that Hudson dealers had made for their own use for the most part. I didn't think much about this one until I got a glimpse at the rear window. It looks like this might have been a quality build at one time, although it's a mess now. Unfortunately, there's an old pick up topper in the back that interferes with getting a good look at the window and bed. Here's your opportunity to buy some unique yard art that you can brag came all of the way from Hogeye, Arkansas:

http://fayar.craigslist.org/cto/5869190498.html

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 3:12 PM, leon bee said:

Man, you guys missed the boat on this beauty. It's headed over to my shop.

Thank you so much for letting me know that you bought it. I was sure that it was worth the price, although I'm not sure many others thought so. Now that I can see it better, it truly looks like it was a quality build when new. As you can imagine, they do differ quite a bit. It's not always easy to find a 308 engine that can be rebuilt, but if this one is usable than you are already ahead on the money side. I think that I've got a twin carb set up for it, if that's something that interests you. I see that it has an overdrive. The early '52s still used the Hudson built transmission and rear end, while the later '52s, '53s and '54s used T86s. I see a lot of Hudsons on Craigslists for MO, IA and your home state. It shouldn't be too hard to find a complete parts car, if you have to. Please keep us posted (pics are nice) with what you learn about the condition, and your progress and your plans. Good luck with your new Hudson!

James Sheehan

MPLS

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, leon bee said:

James: We're getting a parts car with it. No engine/trans, but real nice front fenders, doors, and pretty good glass. I don't know too much about Hudsons, but this is actually for my pal up in Kansas who already has a couple. It has potential.

Wow, that's a lot for the money.