53 special steering wheel centre plastic window to emblem.

Pilgrim65

Spoke to buds salvage today , says not much chance in salvage yards for these items, but said there aftermarket replacements available . They said a company called extensions plus , in Sperry Oklahoma , but can't find them , anyone heard of them or other suppliers . 

Thanks for help.

cheers

pilgrim 

Here's some good news and bad news.  The good news:  I have one of these hubs in beautiful condition, with only slight cracking visible in the very center -- completely clear otherwise -- and the rim is nicely replated.  Bad news #1 (maybe for a Special): very prominent gold POWER STEERING  lettering in upper arc of the hub;  Bad news #2:  I really do not want to separate the hub from the rest of the wheel, also in beautiful condition (very dark blue -- passed easily for black in the black Roadmaster from which I removed it).  Will part with the whole works for $250 + shipping.

Incidentally, the reason I removed this fine '53 wheel from my 76R is that the car is a fifty-FOUR..  It took me 15 years to find a black '54 wheel as nice as the '53 it replaced.

• Like 1