What Is It? 2016/11/12 0701

Dosmo

5 minutes ago, Curti said:

What is the curb side  piece the guys are discussing? Gas pump, drinking water, peanut machine.....................

The photo information contained this sentence:

"Mr. Trostle gets his brakes tested by a Weaver Automatic Brake Tester in the "Safety Lane" on Wisconsin Avenue, sponsored by the AAA"

That's all I know about this photo.

"Mr. Trostle gets his brakes tested by a Weaver Automatic Brake Tester in the "Safety Lane" on Wisconsin Avenue, sponsored by the AAA"

Way cool !!        Has anyone ever seen one while walking the rows at Hershey ?    Or any where else?

• Like 1

I think as with many car makers of this era the exact date is hard to determine as there were frequent changes of specification - and not helped by there being a multiplicity of models on several different wheelbases.  This car has earlier styling - 1929-30 I reckon - but could easily have been sold later due to the slow sales as the Great Depression began to bite. It is obviously one of their larger eight cylinder models - like this one which is listed as 1930 (an 834 I think)   -   http://classiccarsmark.com/other-makes/113834-1930-graham-paige-7pass-sedan.html - though comparing the two pictures I think maybe the mystery car is a little shorter.1930-graham-paige-7pass-sedan-2.jpg                                    This next one is an 822 - maybe closer to it?   ebay577963.jpg-  

Edited by nzcarnerd (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...