Steering wheel spinner knob?

414TATA

Any of you using a steering wheel spinner knob?    My arm power isn't as good as it once was and as you know these old girls are heavy at slow steer.    I have fitted a couple knobs which didn't work out.  

Because of the small thickness of the wheel in these old cars it's hard to find one which will tighten enough not to be loose.   Most knobs I see on Amazon eBay and  auto parts store web sites are all plastic except for the screw. :angry: 

If you have a good one like to know where you bought it, and where on the wheel you mounted it. 

.  I am  thinking to mount it about  10 o'clock on the inside of the wheel.  ( I am right handed)  Any advice will help.

Thanks

Wayne

Super

2015-02-04 12.07.48.jpg

Edited by 414TATA
correct spelling (see edit history)

Roy Lassen has a pretty good selection. Roy (92 years old and just a great guy) and his grandson Danny , are classicaccessories.org 

Their website shows just the tip of the iceberg. I always enjoy visiting them in Santa Barbara , CA , and always leave with treasure. Take a look and give them a call.  - Carl

When I was in high school I had a '65 Rambler beater. It had grunt steering so I got one of those spinners. It was fun until my neighbor, a policeman, saw it and tore me a new one, saying he'd seen several bad accidents involving these and he described one in great bloody detail. I removed it the next day.

Cheers, Dave