Need 1937 dashboard photo

Pete Phillips

Would someone please post a photo of a 1937 Buick dashboard? I am trying to figure out what the shape of the missing chrome pieces is on this dash. Something is missing around this speedometer housing and it attaches with four prongs or screws. There is nothing in the box of parts for this car that matches that shape.

IMGP1162.JPG

IMGP1161.JPG

Pete :

Is this a Roadmaster?  My 1937 Special does not have the 4 holes around the instrument cluster. I checked in the May/June 2016 issue of the Torque Tube II. There are photos of Dick Beckley's and Marty Roth's 1937 80C and shows vertical chrome strips on both sides. Also on each side of the glove box.

Is that the glass you got from me? This is what my cluster looks like after I repainted it. Still with the original glass.

DSCF5541.JPG

Here's my Century...

Let me know if you need any different models or any other angles. I am sure I can find a bunch in my Torque Tube II files. I can also send you pdf copies of any Torque Tube II issues that you might need. I probably need to figure out a way to share those with you routinely in case you would like to reprint anything from them.

DSC_0417.JPG

DSC_0418.JPG

The knob on the left side of the dash -   What is that for?

Mine is there -   it hooked up to a piece of "braided cable"  that seems to be seized and was unhooked who knows how long ago.

2 hours ago, jg_105 said:

The knob on the left side of the dash -   What is that for?

Mine is there -   it hooked up to a piece of "braided cable"  that seems to be seized and was unhooked who knows how long ago.

Yes,

That is a hand throttle. 

You can also use the hand throttle to keep the idle high on cold start if the fast idle spring cam is weak as it the case on many of these cars.  It also was indispensable when my accelerator pedal flexible canvas linkage failed and I was able to drive the car home using this hand throttle.

Steve D