Power antenna

Rear speaker

Rear Wiper

Posi

A-8 2 4bbl Super WIldcat engine- 

Cornering lights

Roof Rack (off for maintenance)

PB+PS :)

missing- tilt steering column and Guidematic.  

It came with a tow hitch, low capacity.  The first owners were Florists.  They must have used this for the business.

There is a plug in the rear bumper for the trailer hook up and mysterious holes in the cargo area.  

Rides extremely well, just a great car.

Thanks! Ted

• Thanks 1

@Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel

I don't know if the Wildcats have the same clearance issues as the 63 - 65 Rivieras but on the Riviera, the positive post of the battery should be next to the radiator and the cables crossed.  With the positive post toward the fender, there's a possibility that the post can contact the hood - BIG short.  A service bulletin says that to keep the positive cable from wearing through by rubbing against the bell of the big horn, it should be run between the battery and the hold down bolt. If you use an F group battery, the positive post will be closer to the radiator and on the back of the battery so the cable doesn't lie across the top of the battery.  I'm only posting this because I had the BIG short on my 63 Riviera.

• Like 1

I love this thread! Can we see the positive batt cable issue? Battery cables should NEVER cross! But then the fuel line after the pump should not be rubber, strictly steel, yet on my long sold '66 Skylark GS, the line WAS rubber from the pump to the filter to the carb, and genuine factory original. 

Ford used a short rubber stub on the inlet side of the filter, and Chrysler used short rubber stubs on either side of the fuel filter just prior the carb. Those short rubber hoses would dry out due to engine heat and were susceptible to fuel leak... 

Edited by CORVAIRWILD (see edit history)

I guess that crossed isn't the best word to use but from the factory,the positive and negative battery cables were on opposite sides of the car from the horn relay and the power steering pump bracket (where the ground cable is attached.)  There is ample room for the cables in the engine compartment. 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

Finally back after months out Processing from the Army and getting new "contracting" jobs in NATO. Some updates  on the Estate wagon, things are moving forward, however not with the speed of light. 

Most of the exterior is done, just waiting for the original trailer hitch and the rear bumper from the Chrome guys *needed two to make one with the instep for the third seat.

On the interior side, restored the door panels, seat covers form the parts car. Liked that @Fawn western style interior better than the Brown Deluxe. Pops better out with color on the car. At the moment I`m looking to get hold of a new decent steering wheel in Brown, Tan, Fawn or Grey. I honestly don't know how many colors they came in.    

If anybody could help me out by having one or give me a tip, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for watching!

IMG_2405.JPG

IMG_2227.JPG

IMG_2193.JPG

IMG_2196.JPG

• Thanks 1