64' Window Channel Sweepers

TallJohn

I'm putting together my door panels from Clarke's, and just wondering about the window felts install. On the rear windows I attached the felts with small screws that do not interfere  or scrape the glass. Just wondering if anyone has a different method for the install before I do the same with the fronts. Thanks.

Alini is right. I thought I'd be clever and tried small aluminum rivets. Figured the rivets would be snug, low profile and wouldn't rust. Big mistake. So tight the window would barely go up and luckily I avoided scratching the glass. Had to undo it all and redo with screws and staples. Live and learn. PRL

Blackened screws and black wire for the staples make the best appearance. When I look at a car critically I always walk right up to the window and look down at the fur strips. The shiny screws, sometimes even flat heads, shiny pop rivets, loose glass, gaps, and  overspray are very common. I took a buyer to an auction once and told him we would look at the fur strips to gauge attention to detail on cars he was interested in. We sure saved a lot of time.

It's hard (expensive) to make them nice.

Bernie