1955 Power Steering/ 64 401

avgwarhawk

All,

Near my home is 55 Roadmaster that is heading to the scrap yard.  Before she goes would anyone interested in engine or engine parts?  Particularly the power steering pump and gear? 4 barrel? 

WP_20160803_002_zpsi1inu5cd.jpg

Fella also a 64 401 that is available.

WP_20160803_003_zpsa9vhwg8f.jpg

PM me for gents number if interested. 

I am definitely interested in the 322.   I have to go to Philly later this month or Sept to pick up a boat I inherited....  how fast does this seller need these gone.  I don't have a real interest in the 401, but if someone else needs/wants it, or parts off it, I will give it a ride to my garage in NC.

4 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

I am definitely interested in the 322.   I have to go to Philly later this month or Sept to pick up a boat I inherited....  how fast does this seller need these gone.  I don't have a real interest in the 401, but if someone else needs/wants it, or parts off it, I will give it a ride to my garage in NC.

You have a PM sir. 

Definitely grab the P/B unit which bolts into the chassis under the car - Delcoe Moraine unit and also the vacuum storage tank behind it.

These units are hard to locate as a core for rebuilding. Easy enough to get out - use bolt cutters to cut the brake and vacuum lines - four nuts hold the P/B and master unit in and disconnect the pedal shaft at the front of the boot.

Someone will thank you for saving it one day ( may even be you!! ) 

• Like 1

Finally got hold of him.  He's selling/ scrapping over 30 cars for a family member who has fallen ill and the city told him clean it up! The car has been hacked up for parts, but the drivetrain and chassis parts are intact. I will be going up in August to retrieve the engine, trans, p/s and power brakes. The guy seems really reasonable on pricing too. Let me know what you want Ana if it's there I'll get it.  

P.s. I have no need for the power steering or brakes from this car... if some one wants them, I suspect a little gas money over whatever I pay will do the trick.

22 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Finally got hold of him.  He's selling/ scrapping over 30 cars for a family member who has fallen ill and the city told him clean it up! The car has been hacked up for parts, but the drivetrain and chassis parts are intact. I will be going up in August to retrieve the engine, trans, p/s and power brakes. The guy seems really reasonable on pricing too. Let me know what you want Ana if it's there I'll get it.  

P.s. I have no need for the power steering or brakes from this car... if some one wants them, I suspect a little gas money over whatever I pay will do the trick.

Of the 30 some odd cars on the lot the majority are Chevy of the late 70's and 80's era that I could see.   There was some military vehicles.  Probably purchased from Fort Meade.  Two CJ7 Jeeps.  A few 40 era cars simply rusting into the ground and really just scrap.      

6 hours ago, Beemon said:

Does the carburetor on the 322 move freely? Tag #?

I'll be sure to fill you in on it once I get it.  I have a 4 bbl rochester at the house that would be good for parts.  Unfortunately the bottom plate with the throttle butterflies is soaking in a pot of WD40 trying to free it up, but the bowl and choke, etc are all very clean and in good shape.

• 2 weeks later...