68' T-Bird 2-Door

Guest theewindbag68

Guest theewindbag68

Hey! So I bought a 68' Ford Thunderbird a couple of months ago that needed a little bit of interior work. I can't seem for the life of me to find the parts I need. I need power window wiring harnesses and the door arm rests. Does anybody know where I could check for these parts? I have spent COUNTLESS hours on the internet trying to find them and most places specialize in only like 58-66 T-Bird parts. Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers!

17 hours ago, ted sweet said:

you cant be serious on a ford dealer?

Stranger things have happened.

With the dealers all linked together via the computer you never know if some dealer somewhere may just have some old stock on the shelf.

The hard part might be finding the part number.

16 hours ago, ted sweet said:

I tried that and was

asked to leave

Then try a friendlier dealer and don't ever go back to the rude one.

Unless its to tell them that you found a friendlier dealer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest theewindbag68

Thanks for all the replies! Yeah I could check a couple local dealers. It never hurts to ask! And @Digger914 Are there any specific models that shared harnesses? Or just maybe look around the same year? 

3 hours ago, theewindbag68 said:

Thanks for all the replies! Yeah I could check a couple local dealers. It never hurts to ask! And @Digger914 Are there any specific models that shared harnesses? Or just maybe look around the same year? 

Good question and I can answer with what I know and my best guess. The suicide door T Birds used the same harness as the suicide door Lincolns. For a 2 door T Bird you should be able to look at all the big Ford products for several years + or -, but that's just a guess