UNUSUAL PNEUMATIC/ELECTRIC TURN SIGNALS SOLD

bruffsup

Barry , this is aftermarket from 1924. Intended to be mounted as shown. They extend , and light up ,though dimly. Visibility obviously good from front , compromised from rear. Mark Shaw recently posted mounting instructions from included paperwork he has. This is a real crowd pleaser in any gathering. They look snake ugly on open cars. The one you see on my 1927 Cadillac detracted so much from a 1930 Chrysler roadster , that they were immediately taken off when a friend acquired it. These bring a good price these days. Are you looking to sell ? - Carl

image.jpeg

Nice Caddy  !  What you say about being mostly suitable for an enclosed car makes sense. Certainly not appropriate for my Lagonda! Send me a PM with your offer if you want.  I paid quite a bit for them.  Cheers, Barry

Here is an atypical application. The symmetry and space-available opportunity makes this a perfect fit. Period exactly correct for my '24 Cad. I found this set 26 years ago , BNIB. Paperwork included had a 1924 date referenced. A very good deal at $200. This obviously works fine only from the rear. The one on the '27 was pulled off the CD8 in v.g.c. after Hershey 2013 for $500. Six of these just turned up BNIB in Portland , OR. , and I heard $1500 mentioned. People of all ages and backgrounds are extremely happy to see engine vacuum extend these. I think this is even more popular than the wood wheels. Right up there with a hand crank start , perhaps more amusing , yet ! These two roaring '20s Cadillacs are unrestored originals. The '24 was repainted a very long time ago. Ray Pierce of Akron-Canton , OH , who sold me the car said it might have taken the repaint as long ago as the '50s. Luckily in the original plum color. The rest of the car is aging gracefully , and still retains the original top and even the headliner ! Interior all there , but the still very presentable leather is cracking in small areas. I have enjoyed several thousand miles of driving it. It took a very tough , no longer judged category , "Past Presidents Best Original - Early" at CLC G.N. in '94. The '27 is in better shape in most respects , even the green paint is original.  It is pictured above at Cold Spring Tavern , above Santa Barbara. See if you can get me to admit a recount of the rapid descent down the Old San Marcos Road that evening at dusk. This is about 1/2 way through the 2700 miles of driving I did this year. I hope I will be able to get back to it this Winter , and drive it back from 'Vegas to Washington state. If I can't , it will only be because of MY circumstances , the rugged old Cadillac runs better than it did leaving Portland early March. Interior even better than exterior ! Yes , people ask me about the turn signals , sometimes wanting a set. Most of the time they seem dissuaded when I mention one new set remains at $1500. Yours might find a ready market being used , etc. "Quite a bit" is a relative term , but I am sure you can get "that" for yours , amd it will make all that behold the operation of them very happy.  -  Carl

P.S. : Does anyone know where Mark Shaw recently posted the earlier mentioned info you might find helpful ? 

image.jpeg

Yes , that's it. Thank you very much. Tonight I had an easy time posting these pics , so,here they are. Different views of these turn signals. They are so cool that they almost dinged me a point , until it was recognized that turn signals , safety devices that they are , don't cost you. Seems fair to me.  -  Carl

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Brand New In Box. Hmmmmmmm............... , maybe this is not used in automobile circles. Commonly used when I was able to play around with telescopes. You might find an eyepiece you want BNIB. Now I don't know how that pic jumped into/over John's posted pics. Comfortable in my car seat last night , I diddled my iPad while listening to the radio until the battery in the 'pad totally drained. Maybe in the eternity of the nanoseconds as the device expired , it engaged in some whimsical , capricious , mischief ! It needs something right now , and I don't know whether it will post. Let me try it now. (I better see if the car battery is good. Parked in a no parking 4:00 - 6:00).  - Carl

Well , well , well ! My mini is back to normal again ! Without the above mentioned pic posting abnormality. I guess the potentially impolite usurpation was an artifact present only in my device! Eternal nanoseconds , indeed. How weird. Maybe it was a wormhole. - CC

• 2 years later...