1931 Buick

wcpaxton

This is a 1931 Buick, model 8-64 which I've owned for ten years.  Can anyone out there tell me about what I should ask for this car if decide to sell?  Always garaged.  Frame off restoration about 1990.  Paint and interior in excellent condition.  Motor runs strong.  Thanks very much!!   Coalter ( Have placed this in the General Discussion of the AACA forum.)P1020281.JPG

• Like 2

My advise is with a car that nice, have it professionally appraised, then probably drop of 10% -15% if you want to really sell it.  Or list it on ebay with a rather large reserve.  Pretty car, by the way.

You probably have already checked e bay to see if there are similar cars listed.

John

$25-30K seems too cheap, but the other thread with the $80-110K estimate is way too much. It's a lot of car, beautifully done, and a roadster of any kind is a desirable car. Not a Full Classic, but a great driver nonetheless. I would think that you could find a fairly serious buyer around $50K, but above that, there are bigger, more powerful options that are Full Classics, so that's going to be a pretty firm ceiling.

Beautiful car, very desirable, and if it's priced right, I think it'll sell quickly.

I have recommend allowing a deduction of $1,000 per year for the personal enjoyment of owning a car. It really helps with the sale of ones own car as well as the decision to purchase a car.

But, then, there was the last owner I told that to. He said "Most of the years I didn't even drive it!" I said "Oh."

I agree with Matt. Each $4,000 increment opens a whole new array of options to the buyer.

Bernie

I just buy them to drive them. 

Just take say $20.00 off the price you "think it's worth" each time you go out for a drive. That way you "get the value" out of your vehicle.

The entertainment equivalent (IMO) of you and the spouse going to the movie or some other activity. 

Just a different "entertainment" expense.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

20 bucks each time one drives takes 50 outings to make $1,000 a year. The math always works.

And I still have the car I bought when I was 30.     And the one I bought when I was 50     And the one I bought when I was 60.

Bernie