Technical - Trying to find a roof for a 1928 Graham Brothers P

Guest jimbones

Guest jimbones

I have Graham truck / hotrod . The only thing left is the roof . Does any one know of a kit or blueprint for the roof ? I have found many Ford roof kits but nothing for a Graham. 

I have been searching for quite a while. Any leads would be appreciated, Jim

Have a Graham too. What measurements do you need ? I must do mine over but not till next Winter , soonest . The topping on mine is loose, so can supply info on sub structure . Inside wood looks straight forward . My plan is to fab total new roof for future install ,as whole roof simply bolts on to truck side framing . What are you starting with ?

Did a search for "roof" in Technical and this is the result. Some of these threads go into considerable detail on making a roof. Since the original was more or less hand made of wood and other materials no doubt you could do the same. Once you see a few pictures the structure, spacing of the wood rails, etc becomes plain. Once you get the idea, and some good ash wood, you should have little trouble figuring it out.

http://forums.aaca.org/search/?q=roof&type=forums_topic&nodes=15

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:16 AM, jimbones said:

I have Graham truck / hotrod . The only thing left is the roof . Does any one know of a kit or blueprint for the roof ? I have found many Ford roof kits but nothing for a Graham. 

If you're building a hot rod and not a "resto-rod", you can pretty much design and build your own roof.  Build whatever looks good to you, that's the spirit of hot-rodding.  Let us know how it works out.

Cheers,

Grog