1965 riviera heater core replacement

Chefcg1

• 3 months later...

Well I finally undertook the long process to remove my failed heater core. All I can say is it is a BITCH! 5 hours later I finally got the old one out! I'm going to see how much it costs to get it recored.nthen hopefully I can remember how to get it all back together...lol

anyone know if there is a replacement for the rubber duct at the top of the heater core interior cover, the piece that goes up to the center dash vent? Mine fell apart getting it out.

Need to find an older radiator shop. One that has been in business for 50-60 years. May even need to look in a neighboring city. Or buy a new core and have a shop fit your old tank with the hose ends to the new core. But, the new core will not work in an AC car as produced.

I recently had mine repaired, rather than recored. Rob at Victor Harbor Radiators who undertook the repair said the original was a really solid well built unit and would be a far better repair proposition than a recore. Even though it was really blocked and leaking, he was able to repair.

Have not got it back in just yet but confident it will be fine.

Cost AUD$100.00 which is about US3.50 I think.

Worth it to keep it original in my opinion. Just mtbw.

Rodney