I was baptized into buicks this week :)

Guest saints

Guest saints

Just got baptized into the buicks. I bought not one but 2 58 buicks. the white one is a riviera special that had the engine and trans out and has no title. the blue one is a running driving car and was painted and assembled by people that had no business touching a car of this caliber. so between the two im hoping to make a fantastic daily driver with tons of spare parts lol. I have loved these cars ever since I saw one at a car show and have been looking ever since. Not many come up in oklahoma so i ended up getting one from kentuky and one from texas.Stay tuned for the posts as I work the bugs out of the driver and switch parts off the white one. 

IMG_7274.PNG

IMG_7273.PNG

IMG_7277.JPG

The blue one looks great already!  It doesn't look like it needs anything to be a decent driver.  Welcome to the world of Buicks.  There are a lot of people on this forum to help you, so don't hesitate to ask.  Keep us updated on your adventures.

• Like 2

Guest saints

well the blue one looks great but every bit of the stainless is loose missing clips and not even close to the body. how I didnt loose stainless trim on the way back with the car is a wonder. also after crawling over the car it is missing a ton of bolts where they just basically scabbed it back together after the paint job. dont get me started about the amount of over spry on all the chrome. bumper has a tone of shims holding it on. 

Its a project I can drive but a project non the less. I do want to restore it completely though

The white one just on cursory glance looks almost too good to part out if it only needs an engine & transmission.

If I remember correctly, the '58 Buick line up had a double chrome overlay.  I think Harley Earl made the decision when reviewing two different schemes and decided on the two together.

• Like 1

Cool. Those 58's are the absolute epitome of a Buick Land Yacht as you are going to find. Both in size, and the amount of trim, not many of the others can top it. Take your time with them and do it right. If both cars are solid and rust free, there worth putting back together correctly. You will find a big following in the Buick Club for 1958's. And if you have not already, Join the BCA. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave
Damn Spell Check! (see edit history)
  • Like 2