Wanted: Door dovetail latches

jpage

I'm looking for 3 door dovetail latches that go on the "B" pillar for a '36 Dodge fourdoor touring sedan. The latches are the same for everything except the two door cars and the 7 passenger. The latch I need has the full step latch not the small spring loaded catch. I'm not sure if the later was an early style, but it doesn't look too safe. only about a 1/4 in. of latch area. I don't need the alignment brackets on the doors. The Dodge part number is 711918 if that helps.

Here's a photo of the door latches. The one on the left is the one I need. I think the right photo is for the 2 door sedans but I could be mistaken. They use 2 different length door dovetails as the right one is slightly taller than the left. I'm curious about the small spring loaded latch on the right one. Doesn't seem to be enough area there to keep a door safely closed. If I have to use the one on the right I'll need the corresponding door dovetails. Someone before me cast some out of aluminum. DeSoto latches might be the same. Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks

DSC01987.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...