46 Annual Sugarloaf Mountain Region AACA Parts/Swap Meet

Guest smraaca@aol.com

Guest smraaca@aol.com

Sugarloaf Mountain Region Antique Auto Parts Swap Meet BUY-SELL-SWAP-LEARN

March 25th & 26th, 2016 - AACA SMR's 46th Annual Antique Auto Parts Meet.

FREE ADMISSION! Doors open 8am (set-up 10am 3/24/16).

Carroll County AG Center, 706 Agriculture Center Drive, Westminster, MD 21157.  

For information contact:  Robert Clubb 301-829-2000, Email:  smraaca@aol.com.

2016 a FLYER M E R G E D front & back F I N A L.pdf

Always a great swap meet . I find some good buys , nice to be inside this time of year . I like big and small meets  . Some vendors are using more online to sell ,reach more buyers  .  Kings 32

Always enjoyed this event.   When I lived in the Baltimore/DC area it was a do-not-miss.  Always a good event with plenty of neat early stuff.  Tried it a few years as a vendor and it was a lot of fun.  I recall one year after I'd moved further south that my son and I left home at 1Am so we could get there and be among the first in the door.  I believe that year I found some of the best junk ever - two great porcelain signs (still have them) and a bag full of great spark plugs.  I think this was were I first encountered a guy from New York who had bought out the contents of a long closed museum and had a couple of pegboards of rare spark plugs for sale.  I bought more later in the year at Macungie from him.  I'm sure it's changed a bit from last time I was there, but it was always a local event with people selling left over stuff.  I always enjoyed that kind of swap meet.  If you travel to several a year you'll soon start to recognize some of the stuff from the professional dealers.  Can't make it this year but maybe next time.

Terry 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did anybody get pics or care to make a report?  Anxious to see how and hear about it.  Would love to get back again - entice me!

Terry

I have to say that this event really never survived the shift from the Frederick County fairgrounds.  I understand the cost issue that forced it to move to the new venue a few years ago, but when it was in Frederick, it was huge.  In Westminster the swap shrank considerably and a much larger percentage of the vendors seem to be businesses instead of guys cleaning out their garages.  Before there would be a dozen or more cars for sale, several fairgrounds buildings full of vendors, and a substantial number of outdoor vendors.  Now there are one or two cars for sale, maybe six outdoor vendors, and the inside stuff.  I've unfortunately noticed that several of the indoor vendors have left as well.  For example, there used to be a vendor with a large number of tools, including a great selection of factory special tools like Kent Moore.  He hasn't been there the last two years.  I still attend every year, and manage to find things to buy, but it's a little disappointing.