First Generation Riveria seat foam

g-g-g0

I got all of my seat foam from opgi and upholstery from clarks corvair. I believe CARS and a number of other vendors have them also. I would be sure to buy from someone who deals with rivieras and understands the foam is different from other buicks of the same years.

If you look at the page on Clark's website that shows the first generation seat bun and back foam, you'll see a small disclaimer that says "63 -65 bottom front corners have to be trimmed slightly." I've never heard of anyone having to do this, but it could be. Calvin Clark got into Rivieras after he was into Corvairs. All of the mid 60's GM cars used the same basic bucket seats, it could be that this foam was originally designed for a Corvair. (The foam is designated with a "C" part number. All unique Riviera parts start with an "R.")

Also be aware that if you're using the "custom" seats rather than the standard seats from a 1965, this foam will not work.!!! It's only designed for 1963/1964 standard and custom, and 1965 standard.

Ed

http://www.corvair.com/user-cgi/catalog.cgi?show_page=R-9