WTB 1925 Buick Top Sockets

dibarlaw

My 1925-25 Buick Touring has a set of cut down sockets from a larger older model. Only recently were several hobbyist kind enough to give me all the required specifications. We have noted some posts in other forums that show salvage yards with piles of top sockets, bumpers etc.but really no way of getting out to search the yards. The yards located in Idaho, Arizona and others way out west. This is what the top looks like with dimensions.

post-121302-0-76449800-1454520111_thumb. post-121302-0-59738900-1454520150_thumb.

Mark:

When I first asked John 2 years ago he said he could not make them. At the time I was considering one of the 1923-55 sport touring cars that where around on the forum for sale. They had the top sockets but were damaged. John said he could redo them .

Now that I have more specific information I will try again.

That's a very interesting look to the top shown, with white bowdrill, pads, and inner back curtain, against the black backside of the top fabric.  I've never seen that before.

It's a shame that most top material available these days has a black backing, as a lighter color inside the top of a roadster or touring is both attractive and less of a "cave"....

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

BTT

I finally was able to contact John Borrinakis of John's Enterprises in California about doing a set for me. I had to mail him the above photos and he did say he could now do them, IF, he has a close set to the above dimensions. It has been over a month since he responded to me so I will put this out there again in case he does not have anything to work with.

Larry

Larry,

I sure hope a top mechanism shows up some day, or he has something he can start with.  Another option if he has nothing to work with.  Would he consider making the top assembly from scratch if he had dimensional drawings of every piece in the top mechanism.  I would do that for you.     Hugh

• 7 months later...