'31 metal pieces sourcing options - see pics

JoelsBuicks

I am unsure what to call these pieces of metal but the pics should help. The pieces make up the top of the door jamb on the 31 body and are directly above each door when the doors are closed. I only have each front door piece and do not have either rear door piece.

I'm curious as to whether or not other GM cars would share the same body part and certainly interested if anyone has or knows of a source for this metal.

Thank you.

Joel

post-98687-0-26039800-1453843625_thumb.j

post-98687-0-58013100-1453843637_thumb.j

post-98687-0-12112000-1453843647_thumb.j

There is a company Howell Sheet Metal located in Beaumont Texas 1-800-375-6663. They produce reproduction metal for Fords and Chevrolets. On their website they claim to be able to duplicate parts using your old patterns. If you could borrow a pattern from someone or use what you have to have your new parts made. They may can go by a drawing that you could provide.

Good Luck

Mark,

You're correct - I forgot to mention that it is a '31 8-67.

After reading raydurr's comment and suggestion about using someone like Howell's sheet metal and googling them, I began to think a little more about how I might be able to make these pieces. I was initially concerned about reproducing that channel along the edge. It may be as simple as making these pieces without the channel and then adding a wooden strip so that it has the correct look. I don't think the channel has much of a purpose beyond concealing the top gap over the door. I may actually give this a try.

I've been watching Ebay and have noticed quite a few old sheet metal parts being sold for a '31 Chevrolet. I wish I knew if one of those models were the same as my Buick - I'd send messages to those sellers to see if they are parting one out.

Thanks again,

Joel

Edited by JoelsBuicks (see edit history)