SpecialEducation

Bachman Buick: Columbus, Ohio

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:46 AM, SpecialEducation said:

See that, I found one source that said the building was demolished in 2007, but I thought it interesting that the current structure followed the same footprint, down to the curved section that approaches the street.

This site states the building was extensively renovated, which I tend to believe is more accurate.  It also includes a photo showing Wendy's and Immke signs...

http://delta.wosu.org/2012/capturecolumbus/original-wendys-location-on-east-broad-street/

broad-st.jpg

If you look to the right in this picture, that is Len Immke Buick which was in the downtown area of Columbus.  They were at that location until the mid 80's and then they moved out to the east side.  I was in that location a couple of times before they moved and also in their new location.  Len Immke  passed in 1991.  The Wendy's just past the Buick dealer was store #1 for Wendy's.  It is now closed.  Dave Thomas and Len Immke were good friends.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)