'63-64 Parts car

MrEarl

A friend is looking for a parts car for to make repairs to this. Here is his story and he is stickin to it

Guy in front of guy in front of dad turned short without signal. Dad was following too close. Took out a road sign with rear quarter and bumper as wellpost-77380-0-69254400-1450356966_thumb.j

I'm sure "dad" will appreciate any help

• Like 1

Yes, most will interchange.  It would help if we knew in which part of the country the part is needed.  I may have the parts; I'm not sure if it's the driver's fender or the passenger's fender that I have but I've got one or the other.  I also have a bumper but it would need to be re-chromed.

Ed

My friend Steve lives in Athens, Georgia. Note that the picture doesn't show it but he is also going to need the rear quarter and bumper also hence looking for a somewhat rust free parts car. He has a trailer so a day trip would probably work. I think he is going to log in here at some point. Thanks guys

OK Mr. Earl: A parts car in my opinion is a bad investment for collision repair. I suggest dismantling the damaged areas and then look for the parts on an individual basis.

1. You can hunt for cherry parts

2. You can shop for price.

3. If you do buy a parts car you ultimately won't save a dime. You'll have the purchase price, towing, storage and you'll need to face the facts that some parts may also un-useable.

4. There may be a storage issue as well as a disposal issue.

Unless your friend is into First-gen Rivs heavy I believe it's much more energy than it's worth.   Me? I don't think like a normal person and I like makin' mud pies.    Mitch

Edited by lrlforfun (see edit history)