2 1926 Coupes for Sale!

72caddy

Yes, those are both mine.  I decided I can't keep both and need to sell one of them.  I couldn't decide which one to keep so figured I'd list both and see which one sells.

I love the wooden spokes on the blue one....but the green one has brand new rubber and pc rims to the tune of about $1,400.  The rubber on the blue one is not that great. They hold air ok but are old and starting to crack/dry rot.  The steel wheel was an optional upgrade. I was told if you lived in the city with paved roads you could go with the cheaper wood spokes but if you were gonna be driving out on rutted country roads, you might go with the steel wheels.

Both engines have been rebuilt to the tune of $4,000.

I think I have more sentimental attachment to the blue one since it was my first vintage car.  But I put a lot of work and craftsmanship into rebuilding the roof on the green one.

Both cars still have misc things that need doing.  I can give a complete rundown on  everything that has been  done and what needs to be done.  Both cars run and drive great.

So help me out.....I got a call from guy wanting to list my car in various magazines and such around the country......for $300!!  Ouch.    My thinking is try CL for a couple of months....I'm in no hurry to sell.

• 5 weeks later...

Did you sell these yet.   Was wondering what you would charge to make me a set of wood for the top.  Everything on mine is gone.

thanks

No, I've not sold them.  I dropped the price of the green on.....but there doesn't seem to be much of a market for these.  Doesn't matter, I will just keep them and give them to my grandkids.

I don't have a pattern or template to make the roof from. 

I imagine the market s small because a lot of auto enthusiasts who might consider such a purchase are scared off by not having a robust parts supply network like Ford Model T and A.  I know a couple of folks who fall in that category who've ended up with one or the other;  just a pet theory of mine.