1961 Rambler American Question

hursst

Hello,

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between a 1961 Rambler American Deluxe model and the Deluxe Fleet model? According to the Encyclopedia of American Cars, they made about 28,000 2-dr Deluxe sedans and only about 350 2-dr Deluxe Fleet sedans. I found one I'm considering restoring, but I wanted to see if I could learn the differences.

Thanks!

Thanks for all the tips.  Tried to find a sales brochure online, but stumbled upon an AMC site that said the business Sedan has a "02" on the trim tag, while the regualr one has "06."  Now I just need a saw to cut down the tree that's blocking the door I need to open to see the trim tag.  Thanks!

The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946-75 does list

Thanks for all the tips.  Tried to find a sales brochure online, but stumbled upon an AMC site that said the business Sedan has a "02" on the trim tag, while the regualr one has "06."  Now I just need a saw to cut down the tree that's blocking the door I need to open to see the trim tag.  Thanks!

The Standard Catalog of American Cars 1946-75 does list under the Deluxe line both a 2-dr Business Coupe 3 Passenger AND a 2-dr Sedan 6 Passenger.  The business coupe has a body/style number of 6102, while the 2-dr sedan has 6106, which seems to agree with the information you had already gathered.  Shipping weight on the BC 2454 lbs. vs. 2480 for the sedan.  Production numbers of 355 vs. 28,555.