36-38 Buick Club, Division of BCA

MCHinson

Matt:

Thanks for posting this here and showing our presence. I received the Torque Tube II newsletter yesterday and was quite pleased with the look . Also The calendar looks great! I know I promised Joe Suarez several more articles and will send along to you.

Thanks. That was Joe's last issue as editor. He did a great job on his last issue and  I think that you will be pleased with my first issue in January. The website had been ignored for quite a while. I hope to keep it updated on a regular basis. Hopefully we can get the club a little more attention and bring in some additional members. I am amazed at how many owners of our era of Buicks who have never heard of the club. I know that we have recently added a few new members but I hope to attract some more. 

Yes, while the primary focus of the club is 1936 to 1938 Buicks, the board of directors voted to accept all Straight 8 Buicks about a year ago. In the interest of full disclosure, while the newsletter and website will also include content about other Straight 8 Buicks most content will most likely still be about 1936 to 1938 Buicks. 

Matt, I am a relatively new member and I had some great phone conversations with Joe. He told me that he was nearing the end of his term of being the editor and was  looking for someone to replace him. I am so happy you stepped up and the TORQUE TUBE magazine will still be coming. Also looking forward to the website. I have posted many times in the short time I've been around on this site about projects for my 38 and if you want I would be happy to submit an article about an overdrive for our cars. In any event thanks again for stepping up and keeping this going.

• Like 1