1929 2 dr buick for sale

my31buick

A lady in town just lost her husband and she is cleaning out the garage. She has a 29 two door buick. It has been painted. (yellow body , black fenders.) The engine Is supposed to have been rebuilt and appears to be so. The Interior is in pieces. seats and everything just all laying in it. If I could figure out how to load pics on here I would. This lady claims they gave 11k for the car and would like that much in return. However I think with the work that is left to be done that a little hi, If anyone is interested let me know. I will try to get some pics on here if there is any intrest in the car. I told the lady I would throw it out here on the site for her and see if it sparks and intrest in anyone.. the spare mounts on the rear.  not on front fenders. Looks like all chrome work still needs done.

Thanks, Shawn                                                                                       

the only two door sedan made that year is a 29-20 on the 116" wheelbase.  The car might be worth 11 grand redone so the asking price is steep to say the least.  I had one.  They painted it the wrong color.  Maybe to make a taxi?  It came in either green or blue with black fenders.

Edited by bubba (see edit history)

Hate to say it but it's not worth much at all.   It needs everything.  Somebody who is restoring one might want it or a rodder.  A self restorer maybe.  Mine was complete and all original and I paid two grand a while ago.   

She might ask $5K and should be willing to take $3500 or so. Hard to say if she'll get offers. Restoration would cost far more than the car would ever be worth, and it's not the most desirable body style.

This looks to be at least a very usable parts car, especially if it has had any mechanical rebuilding.  Aside from the engine (which is slightly different), do driveline components such as clutch, transmission, and differential interchange with 1930 40 series?

Shawn -- Have you been able to get a sense of this car's completeness?  Are hood side panels, headlights, etc., all there? Has the chicken-coop top been completely renewed? (Hard to tell from the photo of the bottom side.)   Does the paint/body work seem to be first-class, in good condition?  With more information, I might be interested in this car, but I'd sure hate to be the one to try to tell this poor widow-lady what this item is really worth.  

Thanks!

buickborn , The top does look good. not cracked and old. Im not sure what original material on top looked like. paint from what I can tell looked good. just bad choice in color. I did see headlight buckets, seats, hood sides, and new boxes inside. not sure if they were new parts for car or not. However, The chrome work Or nickel, Whatever would be correct for this car had not been touched. spotted with rust. So I know the chrome needs done. The engine looks complete and fresh paint. just dusty. She said it had been rebuilt. The car was purchased as is and her husband never got started on it. It is my understanding he was going to make a street rod out of it. I do feel bad that they gave so much for it. I feel the got took . My experience with my 31 is yes they are rare and hard to find which makes you think they are worth A LOT.  But due to the lack of reproduction parts, Assume to be due to not enough out there for after market parts guys to reproduce parts, Makes them very expensive to restore and hard to  come out on top....

buickborn , The top does look good. not cracked and old. Im not sure what original material on top looked like. paint from what I can tell looked good. just bad choice in color. I did see headlight buckets, seats, hood sides, and new boxes inside. not sure if they were new parts for car or not. However, The chrome work Or nickel, Whatever would be correct for this car had not been touched. spotted with rust. So I know the chrome needs done. The engine looks complete and fresh paint. just dusty. She said it had been rebuilt. The car was purchased as is and her husband never got started on it. It is my understanding he was going to make a street rod out of it. I do feel bad that they gave so much for it. I feel the got took . My experience with my 31 is yes they are rare and hard to find which makes you think they are worth A LOT.  But due to the lack of reproduction parts, Assume to be due to not enough out there for after market parts guys to reproduce parts, Makes them very expensive to restore and hard to  come out on top....

Thanks for the info!   I hear what you're saying about the difficulty of finding parts for Buicks of this era.  So far, I've been lucky with my '30 roadster, which has suffered only a few broken pot-metal items and tired carburetor/fuel pump innards -- all replaced with new parts from Bob's. Guess I shouldn't push my luck with another such car, especially not a disassembled one.

Thanks again.