DB Wood

Rogillio

Nice catch. That was my failed attempt to beef up the wood around the pedal cut outs. The grain runs horizontal there and those prices tend to break off. I tried fiberglass but it did not stick to the wood. I ended up using 3 metal strips on the backside.

I decided to glue a 2nd layer of wood with the grain parallel to the pedal slots (adds about 3/8 more thickness but there is room for it under there).

That's a good choice too. Plywood would probably be best as it doesn't have a grain direction. And like you said, no shortage of real estate under the floor there. My solution is overkill.....using a sledgehammer to crack a peanut. :-)

When I redid the floor in my first '26 DB Coupe I had that board almost done. I just needed to route a rabbit along the botton edge. When I hit it with the router one of the 'fingers' broke right off! I did like you and glued it back and backed it with some more wood with grain going the opposite direction. This time I wanted to try something different. The board was too slick for the fiberglas to stick to it. Then I just paniced and put those metal strips. In hindsite, the plywood backing would probably be sufficient.

Edited by Rogillio (see edit history)