Knight Engines Forum

pughs

Hi Everyone,

This is a new forum to discuss and exchange information about Knight sleeve-valve engines and the cars that had them.

Here is a list of some of the cars that used sleeve-valve engines:

Please bring your comments and technical information to this forum.

Steve Pugh

Edited by pughs (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see the new forum page dedicated to the Knight engine.

I've been fascinated with the Knight engine for many years. I've been looking for and someday will have a Willys-Knight or Falcon-Knight car.

The other car of my dreams is a Chandler or Cleveland. But that's a topic for a different time.

Thanks to all who are responsible for the new look to the forum and the new site for Knight engines.

thanks

Bill

Edited by wmsue (see edit history)

Bill,

Thank you for your comments. There have been several Willys-Knights and at least one Falcon-Knight on eBay recently. I hope you find one. I don't know why this forum is not in alphabetical order, but will try to find out.

Steve

• 2 months later...

You forgot the Russell-Knight!  http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/showthread.php?53886-Orphan-of-the-Day-08-22-1913-Russell-Knight

Russell Motor Cars had the exclusive right to the Knight engine in Canada.  This prevented others using the Knight engine, including Willys-Knight from entering the Canadian market.  John North Willys bought Russell Motor Company in 1916 so he could gain a foothold in Canada.

Craig

8E45E,

Thank you for letting us know about additional Knight engined cars. There are probably a bunch more that I missed when I wrote the opening thread. Everyone should feel free to add to the list of cars using the Knight engine.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...