1950-53 Buick license plate and gas door bumpers

krinkov58

Anybody know where to get these? I am not seeing them in the Car's Inc. or Bob's Automobilia catalogs. Restoration Specialties supposedly has them but wants $17 to ship ten of them (!). Looking at the ones on the car, they need to fit a 1/4" hole and are 1/2" diameter and 1/8" thick.

I'm going to try and call Restoration Specialties on Monday...maybe it's some kind of glitch in their website's online ordering. I have no problem buying 10 bumpers for $11.00 but I'm not paying $17 to ship them. That's outrageous. They weigh next to nothing. Even a Priority Flat Rate small mailer in which you could fit 100 of these bumpers only runs like $6.

In the meantime I'm going to check Steele...I've found the sets of bumpers for around $20 but sizes aren't described, and I've already ordered the wrong size "fuel door bumpers" off of eBay last month so I'm down $10 on replacing them so far.

Check out Fusick. They have the gas door bumpers. Did not check the license plate bumpers. Actually they have a very good array of parts for mid fifties Buicks due to compatibility with similar year Oldsmobile's. They have been a supplier for Olds parts for a number of years and only recently have added a separate catalog of Buick parts..