Race Car Conditioning Event

Guest Bojangles98

Guest Bojangles98

Interested in entering an original 1993 Ford Thunderbird Winston Cup race car at Hershey. Who can I contact to get entered and found out the necessary details.

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. What event at Hershey are you interested in registering for? If you mean the Eastern Fall Meet, you are going to have to wait a couple of years. Your car has to be 25 years old before it is eligible to compete in the Eastern Fall Meet or any other AACA event.

If you are asking about the Hill Climb Vintage Race, I don't know anything about it but according to Google you can find some information at this website:

http://theeleganceathershey.com/entrants/to-run-in-the-hill-climb/

Guest Bojangles98

They have told me the car isn't eligible for the Hill Climb because it's to new (1993 chassis). What is the process at Hershey to have a race car certified?

First you must be a member. Secondly the year of the car has to be 25 years or older so you will have to wait a couple of years. Next you ask for a race car certification form from national headquarters. You fill that out and submit it to the committee for review. ALL AACA race cars have to have had a real race car background, they have to have competed at one point. No strictly show cars allowed. Once the car is certified you can take it to any AACA meet and you get a certified race car badge.

Guest Bojangles98

I researched chassis number #1918 with the chassis manufacturer. There records document. Throughout car various stampings/engravings also document.